Community Health Council
Engage Estero Community Health Council comprises health* and safety-minded volunteers who think about community health comprehensively with a common desire to improve the overall health of the citizens of greater Estero.
To Be a think tank for creative ideas about community health and how to impact the health of greater Estero favorably.
- Develop strategy, plans, programs, partnerships, awareness, and initiatives that improve the health of greater Estero in a meaningful and measurable way.
- Help define what “health” means to the community and us and engage people around that ideal
- Organize and engage the community through education, activism, information, creativity, organizational support, and structure recommendations
- Be the conduit and connection for resources, including but not limited to traditional medical organizations/establishments, wellness groups, fitness groups, medical professionals, and Blue Zone
- Collaborate with other Engage Councils, community groups, healthcare organizations, and businesses to impact the health and quality of life in greater Estero
- Investigate opportunities, grants, and financial support for our goals where needed
We exist to provide guidance, information, education, and initiatives and engage citizens in efforts that result in healthy options, decisions, and behaviors.
Values essential to success and longevity:
- Open and honest communication
- Respect for other ideas and expertise
- Shared responsibility and resources
- Follow through on what you say you will do
- Care about what we are trying to achieve
- Innovation and creative thinking (open to doing things in a new way)
None at this time.
We don't have any articles on this topic at the moment.
*Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity: The World Health Organization, 1948, revised in 1976 to include the underlined text.
The Dangers Associated with Septic Systems
The Dangers Associated with Septic SystemsEstero has changed dramatically since the first inhabitants settled in the early 1900s. These early settlement areas did not have sanitary sewer systems, and homes relied on wells and septic systems. Some of those holdover...
CPR –An Emergency Life Saving Procedure
CPR –An Emergency Life Saving Procedure An Important Message on CPR from ECCL’s Health Council’s Cardiac Subcommittee. According to American Heart Association statistics, 350,000 cardiac arrests occur outside of the hospital each year. Seventy percent of...
Is it OK if you see the A.P.R.N. or P.A. at the doctor’s office?
Is it OK if you see the A.P.R.N. or P.A. at your next appointment? When patients call to make an appointment with their doctor, they are often told they can see a physician assistant or nurse practitioner. Many patients wonder what experience these healthcare...
Avoiding one of Aging’s Most Dangerous Events
Health: Avoiding one of Aging’s Most Dangerous Events Accidents can happen at any time. Did you know that the number one cause of accidental death in those over 65 is a fall? Forty-six million Americans are...
Black Mold: What you need to Know
Black MoldWhat you need to KnowBackground Moist places generate mold. When mold spores drop where there is excessive moisture, they will grow. Examples include leaks near roofs, windows, or pipes or where there has been flooding. Many building materials provide...
Caring for Your Largest Organ
Health: Caring for the Largest Organ in your Body Know what it is? (If you answered “the skin,” you go to the top of the class!) So, what’s its function? There are many, but to mention a few it: Prevents water loss...
How to Extend Your Life Expectancy by
Health: How to Extend Your Life Expectancy by 7 Years! We are fortunate to live in Southwest Florida and Estero in particular. Given the endless sunny days we experience, many year-round outdoor activities...
The Vaccines You Need to Consider Seriously Receiving
HealthThe Vaccines you Need to Consider Seriously Receiving - Now.Hurricane Ian devastated SW Florida, and our hearts go out to all those who suffered! Although we were more fortunate than many, many residents, especially those living in West Broadway Estero, are...
Mental Health and New College Students
Mental Health: Important Guidance For Students Entering Higher Education In 2019, the last full year we enjoyed before COVID hit, things were already not well. In the article, Dr. Simeone pointed out, “the...
Find Your Representatives
Contact information for local, state and national legislators.
Engage Estero is made up entirely of volunteer residents, businesspeople, and you!
Your contributions protect the voice of Estero residents and enable action before it's too late!
Sign up to receive emails on important and urgent issues facing Estero.
Join the Movement
Protect Your Voice
Engage Estero provides action alerts, community news, and regular reports on issues affecting the quality of life in the greater Estero area. Sign up to be on the list.