- This event has passed.
Village and School Board Signing Ceremony
May 21 @ 10:00 am
The Village of Estero and the Lee County School District will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding establishing a Joint Educational Advocacy Task Force at 10 a.m., Monday, May 21, 2018, at the Estero High School, 21900 River Ranch Road.
Village Councilmembers and staff, the principals of the four Estero schools and District staff will be taking part in the signing ceremony.
The official Memo of Understanding will:
- Create mentoring and tutoring possibilities
- Promote the development of career academies and job skill programs with local businesses
- Encourage student internship programs
- Promote the colocation of future educational and recreational facilities
- Promote coordination and shared financing of infrastructure projects
- Encourage the use of school facilities by Estero residents when not in use by students
Village of Estero officials and staff, and the principals of the four Estero schools and District staff will sit on the task force. Its members will find, plan and implement programs, partnerships and promotional opportunities. They will meet at least quarterly to work on their objectives.
“It is truly exciting to be involved with the School District to develop a collaboration which will help meet the needs of the students in the schools in Estero,” says Village of Estero Councilmember Nick Batos. “I strongly believe that the better the educational system and facilities are, the more the students will benefit. I also believe that the better our schools are the more desirable our community becomes both for residents and businesses.”
“These kinds of partnerships are critical to our student’s success,” says Superintendent Dr. Greg Adkins. “They open up a world of new experiences for our children and cement our relationships with the communities we serve.”
The School District has four Estero-area schools: Estero High School, Three Oaks Middle School, Pinewoods Elementary and Three Oaks Elementary.
There are way too many events in Estero to highlight them all. We try to feature events which are community/family oriented, free or affordable, one-time over recurring events, and educational and cultural events.
Below are some online calendars we use to compile our monthly collection of events:
- Bower School of Music & the Arts, FGCU
- Coconut Point Mall
- College of Life Foundation
- Estero Community Park
- Estero High School
- Estero Historical Society
- EventBrite ~ Estero
- FGCU 360 Event Calendar
- Happehatchee Center
- Koreshan State Park
- Lee Health Wellness Center
- Lover’s Key State Park
- Miromar Outlet Mall
- Seidler Benefaction Lecture Series: FGCU College of Arts and Sciences
- South County Regional Library