- This event has passed.
ECCL Healthcare Committee Meeting
November 14, 2017 @ 2:00 pmFree
The healthcare needs of the residents of south Lee County have never been conveniently served. As the following History section explains in detail the ECCL has been working with Lee Health, formerly Lee Memorial Healthcare System, for 14 years to remedy that deficiency.
As you can see substantial progress is now underway with the construction of Lee Health’s 162,000 square foot Coconut Point Healthcare facility with its 24/7 Emergency Department and a wide variety of healthcare facilities not presently available in south Lee County.
Since the Healthy Lee Committee was formed in 2007 four countywide heath care conditions surveys have been conducted, the latest on just last year, and the Healthy Lifestyles facility has opened in Coconut Point.
Your participation in the revitalized ECCL Healthcare Committee is needed if this new facility demonstrates the need for a hospital on this site and to share the opportunities we have to remedy the healthcare needs identified by the latest research with the residents of each of our communities.
Come join us on November 14th to hear presentations by the follow Lee Health professionals, to discuss the topics they will present and decide if you would like to join the Committee and what role you would like to play:
- Healthy Lee Survey Results and Community Programming Opportunities to address them…Molly Grubbs. Healthy Lee Staff and Manager of Coconut Point Healthy Life Center
- Lee Health Coconut Point Progress Report and Schedule…Suzanne Bradach, Lee Health’s Director of Special Projects and of Lee Health at Coconut Point
- How Lee Health Coconut Point will deliver a Wide Variety of Healthcare Services Using an Innovative, Client Friendly Delivery System…Alex Greenwood, Vice President and General Manager of Lee Health at Coconut Point
We look forward to seeing you on the 14th and thank you in advance for your support.
The Committee’s proposed Mission is also discussed here. If you plan on attending please let us know by using the RSVP button below so we can better prepare for the meeting.
There are way too many events in Estero to highlight them all. We try to feature events which are community/family oriented, free or affordable, one-time over recurring events, and educational and cultural events.
Below are some online calendars we use to compile our monthly collection of events:
- Bower School of Music & the Arts, FGCU
- Coconut Point Mall
- Estero Community Park
- Estero High School
- Estero Historical Society
- EventBrite ~ Estero
- FGCU 360 Event Calendar
- Happehatchee Center
- Koreshan State Park
- Lee Health Wellness Center
- Lover’s Key State Park
- Miromar Outlet Mall
- Seidler Benefaction Lecture Series: FGCU College of Arts and Sciences
- South County Regional Library