Decades of Achievements
Since 2002, the accomplishments of the Estero Council of Community Leaders are impossible to miss:
- Estero specific architectural design and landscape standards implemented in time to make Coconut Point Mall a showcase throughout South Florida.
- Incorporation of the Village of Estero, preventing annexation efforts by Bonita Springs
- Emergency healthcare in Estero’s boundaries, and “groundwork” for a hospital in the future
- Defeat of various improper developments and mines
- Support and involvement with the development of Estero Community Park and the expansion to Koreshan State Park
- Transportation planning involvement resulting in more than doubling north-south arterial lanes in Estero
- Ongoing work to reduce the visual and audible impact of FGCU developments and arena events
Month by month, the experienced volunteers of the ECCL anticipate and inform the community of threats before they happen, when action can still be taken.
- 400+ letters supporting allowing a hospital in Estero
- 24/7 Emergency department opened after years of support
- 400+ objections to a “Hertz Yellow” Arena on short notice
- Estero on the River purchase supported
- Successfully supported moving up the 4 laning of a section of Corkscrew Road
- 80+ education volunteers recruited for Estero schools
- Educated 1100+ Estero students on business-forward topics (by end of school year)
Vote Yes on 20/20
Yes on Prop 20/20
The measure was passed with an 84% approval vote.
Our actions accelerated funding of the widening of Corkscrew Road east of I-75 and prevented funding of CR 951 between Corkscrew Road and Alico Road through the Grandezza community.
Estero on the River
The latest of several expansions to public parks the ECCL supported.
We mobilized our extensive list of Estero residents to inform, influence and impact Estero.
We were directly responsible for the development and institution of the Estero Village government.
Lee Health Coconut Point
Lee Health Coconut Point
After nearly 14 years of cooperation between ECCL and Lee Memorial, in May 2017, Lee Health broke ground on its full Service Medical facility.
Over 80 volunteers impacted over 1000 Estero students with business-forward lessons plans.
Our efforts enabled design standards before commercial growth got “out of control”, resulting in a cohesive community identity.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com, REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. REGISTRATION #CH-41780.