Estero, Florida is a village in South Lee County, located north of the City of Bonita Springs and south of Fort Myers. It incorporated in March of 2015 as a municipality in Lee County. Since 2000, Estero has been one of the fastest growing areas in the United States.
The links below are provided as a public resource, and do not necessarily indicate endorsement of, or agreement with, these groups. See our disclaimer for details.
- County Codes and Ordinances: Lee County’s official laws, including building codes.
- Lee County Land Development Code (LDC): Lee County’s Land Development Code addresses zoning and building requirements.
- Long Range Transportation Plan: The Metropolitan Planning Organization’s 2030 Long-Range Transportation Plan documents the transportation needs of Lee County for the next 25 years.
- News-Press Web Site
- Launched in December 2005, this neighborhood site seeks to incorporate news headlines, local happenings, and reader opinions and dialogs.
- Bonita Daily News/Naples Daily News Web Site
- The Bonita Daily News covers south Lee County and north Collier County. It is the sister paper to the Naples Daily News and its twice-weekly tabloid, The Banner.
- Estero Life Magazine
- Estero Life Magazine uniquely brings Estero’s people, places and events together to give readers a full appreciation of the beauty, excitement and variety of activities that combine to create our distinct and exquisite lifestyle.
- “BikeWalkLee is a community coalition raising public awareness and advocating for complete streets in Lee County — streets that are designed, built, operated and maintained for safe and convenient travel for all users: pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and transit riders of all ages and abilities.”
- Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council
- The mission of this council is to be the Bonita Springs and Estero area’s economic development authority, fostering regional collaboration for the retention, expansion, creation, and attraction of jobs and businesses.
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida
- Through science, policy and education, the Conservancy of Southwest Florida promotes smart growth, preservation of wildlife and habitat, and increased awareness of environmental needs.
- Corkscrew Road Rural Community
- A community website which assists residents of the East Corkscrew Road Rural Community by providing timely news and information about local issues and events.
- Estero Art League
- The Estero Art League is a non-profit organization established in 1997 to promote the arts in Estero and the surrounding area. Members meet to paint every Monday from 9 am to 12 noon. Classes are offered in oil, acrylics, watercolor and drawing. Several shows are held each year including a juried member show in February. If interested, please stop by on Monday mornings at the Estero Community Center at 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd. or write to:
Estero Art League, PO Box 864, Estero FL 33929.
- Estero Fire and Rescue
- “The Estero Fire District comprises 56 square miles of South Lee County. The 28 square miles in the western half of the District is home to the vast majority of the population of the District. While there are a few residential areas in the eastern half, most of the land is used for agriculture, mining and conservation.”
- Estero Historical Society
- The Mission of the Estero Historical Society is to learn, teach and preserve the history of Estero, Florida. By our continuing efforts, we hope to secure a rich historical legacy for future generations and a strong sense of community identity.
- Florida Turnpike Enterprise
- “Operating as a separate business unit of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Florida’s Turnpike has expanded and increased revenue, while continuing to protect bondholders and improve customer service across the board. Florida’s Turnpike is now responsible for all operations on every FDOT-owned and operated toll road and bridge. This represents about 600 miles of roadway and 80 percent of all toll facilities in Florida.”
- Friends of South County Regional Library, Inc.
- “The Friends of South County Regional Library, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed to enhance programming and services provided by the South County Regional Library, located at 21100 Three Oaks Parkway in Estero, Florida.” The Friends of South County Regional Library, Inc. is a member of the Estero Council of Community Leaders.
- Lee County Metropolitan Planning Organization
- “The MPO is responsible for conducting a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive transportation planning process for all of Lee County. It must plan for the movement of both people and goods within the county by all modes of travel–including highways, public transportation, bicycles, and foot. It also plans for the connections (such as airports, seaports, or bus, railroad, and pipeline terminals) linking these modes or tying us to the rest of the world.”
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- The Lee County Sheriff’s office provides law enforcement for unincorporated Lee County, including Estero, which is in the South District.
- South Florida Regional Water Management District
- “The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) is a regional agency of the state of Florida, and is charged with managing and protecting water resources of the region by balancing and improving water quality, flood control, natural systems and water supply. SFWMD’s boundaries extend from central Florida to Lake Okeechobee, and from coast to coast, from Fort Myers to Fort Pierce, south through the sprawling Everglades to the Florida Keys and Florida Bay.”
- Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council
- “The Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council is a locally formed regional planning agency serving six counties: Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, Lee, and Sarasota. Its mission is to protect and improve the Region’s physical, economic, and social environment…The Southwest Florida Regional Planning Council acts as a regional information clearinghouse, conducts research to develop and maintain area wide goals, objectives, and policies, and assists in implementing a number of local, state, and federal programs.”
- Wikipedia Entry for Estero, Florida
- Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia edited by users worldwide, has an entry for Estero, Florida.
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods
- Florida friendly landscaping tips from University of Florida Extension Services