From 2002 to 2011, Mr. Eslick served as the founding Chairman of the Estero Council of Community Leaders (ECCL). He is now serving as Interim Chairman until December 2015. During the last 14 years he has served Lee County government and many other civic groups on important Boards and advisory committees including:
- Lee County Smart Growth Committee
- Lee County Charter Review Committee, Chairman, 2008
- Lee County Density Reduction/Groundwater Resource Advisory (DR/GR) Committee
- Citizen Member of the Ft. Myers News Press Editorial Board
- Co-Chair of the South Lee County Hospital Committee
- Co-Chair of the Joint City of Bonita Springs/Estero Biannual Workshops
- Member of the Southwest Florida Watershed Council Board
- Member of the Bonita Community Foundation Board
- Member of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida Lee County
Awarded Lee County Citizen of the Year in 2005.
After a decade in public finance in 1993 he founded Public Finance Associates (PFA) and assumed the role of Executive Director of the Illinois Tax Increment Association (ITIA).
Over a decade he served as Assistant State Superintendent of Schools, Assistant Illinois State Comptroller and staff director for the Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives. While with the Speaker, Mr. Eslick had the principal staff responsibility for developing many major pieces of legislation including the Illinois Development Finance Authority to finance business and industrial development in Illinois.
BA in Economics from Purdue University, an MBA from the University of Chicago and PhD studies in Economics at the University of Illinois. Taught Economics at Marquette and Loyola of Chicago Universities. Member of the American Economic Association, the Council on Urban Economic Development, the Illinois Development Council and the American Educational Finance Association.